The office of the Dean of Students registers regular needy students who thereby qualify for bursaries, work study program, scholarship and other assistance. The procedure for registration starts with the students writing a formal letter addressed to the Dean of students , University of Nairobi,the details to be included in the letter are:
1. Details of why you need to be registered for bursary, work study program or scholarship.
2. Give the family background .
3. Provide your County of birth, Constituency and Location names.
4. Attach a recommendation letter from your Chief and Pastor.
5. Names of your parents ( attach certified death certificate copy(ies) where necessary.
6. Name of your constituency.
7. The amount of loan and bursary from HELB for current academic year and any other bursaries.
8. Your full names,registration number, email address and mobile number
9. Please attach a copy of your National identity Card
The application letters are then vetted by the Special Student Advisor for due processing. Complete applications are then issued with serial numbers and the same communicated to the students through the e-mail. Following on this, two letters are then dispatched to their referees (local assistant chief/chief and religious person) seeking confirmation of the applicants family backgrounds. The applications and the reference letters are then filed.
Complete the needy student form and submit.
For more information on this, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org